In May 2010 the world of Hard Rock / Heavy Metal lost one of its most talented stars, with the passing of Ronnie James Dio. During his career he sang for Rainbow and Black Sabbath, as well as his own eponymous band (Dio). With his incredible vocal range he sang some of the real classic songs in rock and metal
Three of the Dio albums - ‘Holy Diver’, ‘Sacred Heart’ and ‘Last in Line’ are being re-released this month. As well as a re-mastered version of the original album, these reissues each feature a bonus CD containing lots of extra material including B sides, the EP and live tracks. There is also an expanded booklet with notes from Malcolm Dome. The reissues have been endorsed by Ronnie’s widow Wendy Dio.
As with the other two albums being released at the same time, the album itself is sounding better than ever thanks to being re-mastered. Featuring some classic songs -including Rainbow in the dark, and Holy Diver, this is still a top class album and an essential part of anyones album collection.
Much of the bonus material comes from the King Biscuit Flower hour in 1983, with the remaining tracks being B sides.
The Deluxe edition of Holy Diver is available now.
Disc one (the album)
1. Stand Up And Shout
2. Holy Diver
4. Caught In The Middle
5. Don't Talk To Strangers
6. Straight Through The Heart
8. Rainbow In The Dark
9. Shame On The Night
Disc two (bonus tracks)
1. Evil Eyes (B side, Holy diver)
2. Stand Up And Shout (B side, Rainbow in the dark)
3. Straight Through The Heart (B side)
4. Stand Up And Shout (king biscuit)
5. Shame On The Night (king biscuit)
6. Children Of The Sea (king biscuit)
7. Holy Diver (king biscuit)
8. Rainbow In The Dark (king biscuit)
9. Man On The Silver Mountain (king biscuit)